Sunday, September 12, 2010

Dexter, is it? Nice to meet you.

Yesterday I went to check out the neighbourhood I may possibly be moving to - it's the 6th arrondissement, which I already know and love, but I wasn't familiar with the specific street that I might be living on.  This is all indefinite at the moment because the woman who is renting out the apartment doesn't want to show it to me until the renovations are done and it looks nice. Of course, being French, she can't just say that - her exact phrasing was that she wants whoever rents the apartment "to be seduced by it". Well, ooh la freakin' la.  Just show me the damn place already...

Ahem.  Sorry, getting impatient.  Anyway, the point is that I had a little wander around, and it all looks very promising.  Not only is the address is a two-minute walk from the fabulous Jardin du Luxembourg, but there are not one, but two spectacular patisseries along the way, and there's an awesome vintage market just up the road on Saturdays.  Sooooo, even without having been "seduced" by the apartment itself, I have been pretty damn seduced by the neighbourhood - I think I am pretty much sold on the place.  Unless, of course, it's a rat-infested broom closet and the next-door neighbour is a serial killer, but even then, I'd still give it serious consideration...

No comments:

Post a Comment