Sunday, June 12, 2011

Social butterfly? Yeah, kinda...

Gentle readers, I do apologize - I know the content of my posts has been pretty thin this week, but that's because this week has been part of what I like to refer to as the birthday "season".  Which involves going out far too often, drinking far more than is good for me, and basically partying in a manner for which I'm way too old.  Oh well, I'll sleep when I'm dead...

So the week kicked off last Saturday with some leaving drinks for friends who are moving to Berlin.  This carried on until 6am (6am!!!), and here's a little tip for you:  if you ever want to get a photo of yourself in front of Notre Dame with absolutely no one else around, that's the hour to do it.  Sunday and Monday were spent recovering from Saturday.  On Tuesday, English Rose came over for lunch, which started at 1pm and ended somewhere around 7pm and involved three bottles of wine between the two of us.  Well, she is English (the clue is in the name) and I did spend nine years in London, so that kind of drinking is pretty standard for us, really.  Wednesday was spent recovering from Tuesday (what? I'm old, I already admitted that) and on Thursday for my actual birthday, Tiny Dancer took me out for a rather magnificent lunch (which also went on for several hours if you include the subsequent visits to three bars).  Friday was Southern Belle's "welcome back to Paris" drinks, as previously mentioned.  And on Saturday,  The Redhead had a few of the gals over for a fabulous girly brunch/champagne/movie affair and brought in a beautician to give me a much-needed pedicure as an extra birthday treat.

So, needless to say, I am simply shattered.  I am very lucky to have such awesome friends and I am sooo grateful for all my lovely treats, but I have to admit that I'm glad my birthday season is done for the year - my liver (and the few brain cells I have left) just can't take the pace anymore.  I do have a quiet week coming up, but let's see if I can't dig through my recent photos and find some Parisian things to tell you about anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment