Wednesday, August 31, 2011

September

Does anyone else get a little bit crazy when September looms on the horizon?  I was emailing my divine friend Shoe Queen back in Toronto about this very topic:  how it's sooooo much more natural to get that "back to school" September feeling (even when school is a distant memory in the rear-view mirror of your life), and how it's a much more motivating time than the beginning of January, when resolutions are both traditional and expected (and in my case, usually doomed to failure).  September just seems like a much more promising time to catch up on ongoing projects and to start new ones - am I right? 

Well, in any case, the September madness has Miss K firmly in its grasp, even though September won't start until tomorrow.  Today is a case in point:  went to the office until 2pm, bought groceries, cleaned my whole apartment, washed the dishes, worked out, showered, changed, blow-dried my hair and re-did my make-up, cooked a three-course meal for a friend, sorted through some paperwork, and managed to post this before the end of the day. 

I shudder to think what I'm going to be like once September actually starts, but considering what an anti-social, unmotivated slug I've been for the past couple of months, this can only be an improvement.  I think???

No comments:

Post a Comment