Sunday, February 7, 2010

To market

Back in November, I wrote a post about my local market.  I haven't actually been there recently because, in my neighbourhood, the market is genteel and lovely but verrrrrry expensive.  Today my landlady took me to the Marché aux Puces d'Aligre, which is near Bastille - it's a little bit of a walk from where we live, but still very central.  Ladies and gentlemen, that's a market:
All of Paris was there, along with their little canvas shopping carts, their little dogs, and their little children - it was a zoo!  But I can see why - the prices are ridiculously cheap for Paris, so I think this place and the excellent prices I found in Chinatown last week are going to be what keep me from starvation during this looooong winter.  

However, I won't be buying the roasted pig's feet.  In spite of being a happy carnivore, I just can't quite get on board with these...




I could, however, get completely on board with these crab legs - look at the size of them!  The crab they came from must have been the size of a small planet - fantastique!

No comments:

Post a Comment