Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Randomness

I had a particularly Parisian evening tonight.   I went to a French/English language exchange event in a bar (which I had been told about by a new Australian friend whom I met yesterday at an Anzac Day event), and as I was leaving, I got chatting to a lovely couple who weren't even at the event, they were just there having drinks - he's French/Moroccan and she's Colombian, but they're both from Los Angeles and now live in Paris.  So they invited me to join them for a drink and we ended up chatting for a couple of hours.

So, to recap - I found out about this event through an Australian, then met a French/Moroccan-American and a Colombian-American.  You might not think that's very Parisian, but trust me, when you're living as an expat in Paris, this is exactly how you end up meeting people...

1 comment:

  1. Great to meet you at the Anzac Day meet up on Monday K. I'll have to check Frangish out sometime. Great blog :)

    ReplyDelete