Wednesday, March 17, 2010

To be sure, to be sure...

Ahhh, sure and 'tis the 17th of March, the day when St Patrick drove all the snakes out of...erm...Paris?  Wait, something's not right there...  

Anyway, yes, it's good old St Paddy's day here in Paris and I am wondering what to expect (and for those of you thinking "Miss K, you're an idiot, why would there be anything in Paris to celebrate St Patrick's day?" I would respond that I wouldn't have expected much here regarding Burns night, either, but scroll backwards to find that post, should you feel so inclined.).  So I feel that it behooves me to go forth and check into it for you - I'm going to an expat party tonight and I will report back.  Unfortunately, as much as I like to get in the spirit of the day, my great Moving-Countries-Wardrobe-Cull of 09 means that I will no longer be clad in green from head to toe as in previous years (which is probably a good thing as I looked like an oversized and slightly deranged leprechaun).  So I will make do with green earrings, and hell, my eyes are pretty damn green, that will just have to be good enough.   I'm afraid I won't be able to tell you about the green beer here (I can't stand beer, regardless of what colour it is), but if there's green wine, I will be all over that action.  Only so that I can report back to you - honestly, the things I do for you, gentle readers... 

No comments:

Post a Comment