Saturday, June 12, 2010

Miss K goes to Hookerville (Part 2)

Yesterday I went to my friend Miss A's place for dinner.  The meal was seriously fabulous, as was the conversation (well, we drank two bottles of lovely red wine between the two of us - we thought the conversation was great, although there's a possibility that a sober person might not have found it quite as sparkling and witty as we did), and we had beautiful weather, so were able to dine on the adorable little balcony, four stories up with a view of the Parisian rooftops.  Looks like something out of a movie, doesn't it?  Ahh, I love my flat, but I am bitterly envious of that balcony...
 
Miss A doesn't live too far from me, about 30 minutes walk, but it's a bit of a different world from my terribly chic and genteel (and somewhat dull) neighbourhood.  She lives near the rue St Denis, which, as I have previously posted about (Miss K goes to Hookerville), is the street you want to go to if you are in the market for a certain type of female company.  There are lots of these ladies around that area, but I had to get a photo of this one, because I have nothing but respect for her commitment to her outfit.  I mean, really, all-white?  That's impressive, particularly considering her, erm, profession - seriously, her dry-cleaning bills must be huge.  Ooooh, it's just occurred to me that perhaps she has an "arrangement" with her dry-cleaner; and frankly, considering how expensive it is here, that's not a bad idea...

No comments:

Post a Comment