Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Quote of the day

I was on the Metro last week with my friend Miss RA, who is sweet and ladylike and from South Carolina, hence still has a bit of a southern accent (all of which is important for you to know before reading this quote in order for you to picture it correctly).  

Anyway, it was about 29 degrees Celcius in Paris that day and it was very hot and unpleasant on the train.  And out of the blue, my sweet, ladylike friend turns to me and drawls: "You know what I hate about the Metro?  Every so often, you just get a whiff of ass."   Hee!  I don't believe I've ever heard it put it like that (especially with the southern accent, which just makes it more awesome), but she's not wrong, unfortunately, the Metro can be a rather smelly place...

No comments:

Post a Comment