Thursday, July 1, 2010

Canada Day

So it's Canada Day - only Canadians actually know (or care) that we have a national holiday, but we do, and here it is.  Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, there doesn't actually seem to be any sort of expat  celebration going on in Paris today.  I will, of course, be going to several 4th of July events with my American friends over the next couple of days, which will be very enjoyable, but it's just not quite the same.

However, today I went to the bank to take out my rent money, and apparently they are having une soirée  this evening for their clients.  Now, I don't particularly care about socializing with the tellers at my bank (unless of course the manager who opened my account for me is there - because he looks like James Franco and that is always a fine thing), but it's only a block away, it's air-conditioned (it's about 33 degrees in Paris right now), I have no other plans tonight, and there will be free champagne and canapés.  And since I figure that I should get something out of the service charge I pay them every month, tomorrow you can look forward to hearing from one verrrrrrry hungover Miss K...  

Happy Canada Day to meeeee!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment