Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The landlady, her ex-husband, their kids and her lover

Okay, so my living situation normally goes like this: my landlady and I live in her (very large, very nice) flat, and most weekends, her teenage son (who is at boarding school) comes and stays in the spare room.  Which is all absolutely fine.  However, when I got back from London, it was me, my landlady, her son AND her daughter (who is now back from university abroad), plus my landlady's ex-husband occasionally dropping in and her boyfriend also wandering by from time to time.  Needless to say, it was a little crowded.

But the son has gone to stay with the ex-husband, so we were back down to normal numbers, except that now the daughter's boyfriend has come to visit from England for a week or two.  But, you know, I just grit my teeth and smile, because I have one thought that sustains me:  in August, they all go away.  And I will have the whole (very large, very nice) flat all to myself for an entire month.  Ahhhh...  Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment