Sunday, July 4, 2010

We can call it Independence Day or Drink Till You're Stupid Day, whatever you prefer - I know which one applies to me...

Okay, so today is a bit of a cheat, seeing as how I spent it with my American friends celebrating the 4th of July at a picnic in the Bois de Boulogne - a good time if ever there was one!  But really, shouldn't that be a valid part of the expat experience in Paris?  I am going to go with "yes" as my answer to that largely rhetorical question and just tell you that there was good eatin', drinkin' and bein' merry as part of our Independence Day extravaganza.  All hugely enjoyable  - the only thing that could have made it better would have been able to see Independence Day (the movie) as part of the entertainment - a few of us made do with The Blues Brothers (dubbed into French, no less) at a bar, but it still wasn't quite right....

No comments:

Post a Comment