Thursday, April 8, 2010

I am an idiot

And why is Miss K an idiot, you ask?  Because after all these months in Paris, I still haven't learned to NEVER LEAVE THE HOUSE WITHOUT MY CAMERA.  

Today I had to run out to do a five-minute errand right around the corner from where I live, so I just threw on a coat and went out - didn't even take my phone (because it was charging), that's how quick this errand was going to be.  And it was.  But even in that tiny window of time, I saw something so insane, I still can't believe it.  I was on my way back when I passed a woman who was walking down the street with a cat perched on her shoulder.  Let me just repeat that while you try to picture it. A cat.  Perched on her shoulder.  While she was walking down the street.  

Ummm....I don't know about you, but I have had a few cats in my day and although they used to like climbing on my head when I was lying down, or draping themselves around my neck when I was sitting, or even jumping up on my back when I was standing, there is no way in hell that any of them would have sat on my shoulder while I took a leisurely stroll down a noisy city street, or anywhere else for that matter.  (In fact, I am quite sure I would have suffered a painful and bloody decapitation-by-claw if I had ever attempted it.)  But there he was, a perfectly ordinary full-grown tabby, sitting quite happily on this woman's shoulder as she walked past.  And I will kick myself forever for not having gotten a photo of this, and that's why I'm an idiot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment