Saturday, April 24, 2010

What day is it?

Oops!  How did it get to Saturday already???  Gentle readers, I do apologize for my absence, but this is what my week has been like since I last posted:

Wednesday: office from 9:30am - 12:45pm, bar job from 1:00pm - 2:00AM 
Thursday: bar job 12:30pm - 11:30pm, out dancing 11:30pm - 5:00AM 
Friday: bar job 12:30pm - 02:00AM (missed last Metro and had to walk home the entire length of the Champs-Elysees - not as glam as you think when your feet are KILLING you)

So I have been a bit of a busy girl and it's been all work, work, work.  Well, except for the night out dancing, which was a blast.  And the fact that working in the bar is fun.  I might not be getting paid, but my cocktail-making skills are getting pretty good, I adore my awesome boss, they feed me very well, and I am sloooowly starting to speak a bit more French with people, so it's a great experience all around.  Plus I get some tips and I am saving them up for summer fun.

And speaking of money, my update on the €5 per day challenge, Days 12-24?  Well, another benefit to spending all my time at the bar is that I'm not out doing anything that involves spending money, so I am actually €20 ahead at this point - woohoo!  So with one more week to go I am feeling pretty confident about succeeding in the challenge - wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment